Empirical Formula Practice:
Resolve the following exercises in your spiral notebook after your notes. Show clearly the title. Copy the questions and answer. Highlight the questions and square the answers.
- . A compound is found to contain 26.53% potassium, 35.37% chromium, and the remainder oxygen.
Find its empirical formula. K2Cr2O7
- A 60.00 g sample of tetraethyl-lead, a gasoline additive, is found to contain 38.45 g lead, 17.83 g
carbon, and 3.72 g hydrogen. Find its empirical formula. PbC8H20
- A 170.00 g sample of an unidentified compound contains 48.27 g sodium, 54.57 g chromium, and
67.16 g oxygen. Find the empirical formula. Na2CrO4
- Determine the molecular formula of the compound with an empirical formula of CH and a formula
mass of 78. C6H6
- One of the compounds present in Asbestos is Chrysotile, a compound that has Mg, Si, H and O in its formula. 7.770 g of Chrysotile is forund to have 2.160 g of Mg, 1.680 g of Si, and 0.090 g of H. The molar mass of Chrysotile is 518 g/mol. Calculate the EF and the MF of the compound. Mg3Si2H3O8 (empirical formula), Mg6Si4H6O16 (molecular formula)