THIS IS THE CHEMISTRY HONORS HOMEWORK PAGE
HOW TO PRESENT YOUR HOMEWORK
HW DUE DATE: 8/23-8/26
READ CAREFULLY THE COMPLETE SYLLABUS FOR YOUR CLASS. DO NOT PRINT THE WHOLE DOCUMENT.
- READ EACH PART OF THE SYLLABUS.
- COMPLETE AND RETURN ONLY THE SYLLABUS LAST PAGE
- PRINT AND COMPLETE THE SAFETY CONTRACT
- PRINT AND COMPLETE THE MEDIA RELEASE FORM.
- COMPLETE THE TEXTBOOK RELEASE AGREEMENT for all students who will use the book online and opt out from the printed book.
- FILL OUT THE GOOGLE DOCS DOCUMENT THAT APPEARS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SYLLABUS LAST PAGE.
- FILL OUT THE BOOK “AT HOME” INVENTORY LIST
Each of these documents will be awarded with a participation grade.
- REGISTER FOR THE WEBSITE:
- SIGN UP FOR REMIND (Instructions in analia-sanchez.net/documents)
- Get all needed materials and bring the wish list materials as indicated in the syllabus 4th page
ACTIVITY NUMBER 1
- Read the following items in the website: SAFETY RULES, SAFETY SYMBOLS and the Safety Notes
- You will draw and color a safety poster.
- The poster will show 4 different situations (together or separated) of actions that are not allowed to do inside the lab)
- It can also be a comic strip with a dialog. BE CREATIVE. Pictures will be randomly google searched.
- Plagiarism is not an option.
- You have to color the poster.
- Black and white work will not be accepted!!!
THIS ACTIVITY SHOULD NOT TAKE MORE THAN 1 HOUR. TURN IN YOUR WORK TO THE SUBSTITUTE TEACHER BEFORE LEAVING THE CLASS.
ACTIVITY NUMBER 2
This activity will represent the first lab in your lab notebook. you will begin this at school and you can finish that as HOMEWORK.
This activity will be collected next class.
LEAVE THE FIRST PAGE IN YOUR LAB NOTEBOOK BLANK.
Cut computer papers in squares of (2.5 x 2.5 inches). In total you will need A MINIMUM OF 10 papers . On each of those papers you will 1 draw lab equipment (you can get the information from the POWER POINT PRESENTATION PDF document. LAB EQUIPMENT
Each paper will have only one lab equipment, You will paste the papers in your lab notebook on the left of the page. DO NOT STAPLE THE PAPERS. Paste them using tape or glue.
On the right, you will write the name, description and when we use it.
The following is an example of how it should look like